The outstanding scholars and policy makers are invited by the East West Center to apply for the fellowship program to promote research activities relevant to the Korean topics at the Center. The grant is available for four to six fellows under the POSCO Visiting Fellowship, funded by POSCO, in an attempt to promote the research on Korean topics.
The East West Center aims to promote relations and understanding between diverse communities and different nations from US to Asia and Pacific with the help of study, research and dialogue.
Details of scholarship
- Last date for application: 31st December 2018
- Level of study: Fellowship is awarded for the purpose of research and writing on the given topic.
- Subject of interest: The fellows will spend one to two months to observe and study policy related activities on contemporary issues in Korean studies. The purpose of POSCO Fellowship Program is to generate constructive information through research regarding various areas that include issues related to the two Koreas and Northeast Asia; Security troubles relating to Korea and Northeast Asia; issues related to economy and sociology in Korea; political development for South Korea in particular.
- Award for scholarship: The scholarship comes with a stipend and a round trip economy airfare between the home country and Honolulu. The individuals have to conduct one seminar and must write a high quality paper which will be submitted for publication. Also, you will be joining various activities in East West Center and might be asked to participate in local outreach and public diplomacy. Moreover, the cost shared fellowship proposals are also welcomed.
- Number of awards: Current fellowship is initially for four to six fellows
- Who can apply: International applicants
- Where to take the scholarship: USA
Who can apply?
International students that are looking for fellowships can apply and avail the opportunity. One should demonstrate the abilities of outstanding scholar or policy maker as the research mainly targets policy relevant topics, political and contemporary research, dealing with economic and social issues, and working with Korean countries as well as Northeast Asia. Also, a proficiency in English is desired.
Process of application
You should submit your applications for the fellowship program by 31st December 2018 as the fellowship period will be from 1st March 2019 to 28th February 2020.
As you apply, include a cover letter with a research theme or project for which you are applying. Add a CV along with your cover letter. It is advised that one should avoid writing the date of birth, social security numbers, and passport number because the CV is likely to be circulated among the EWC employees. Include the names of three referees and add details including your full name, title, address, email and telephone number, and fax number.
Along with the above, a research proposal of 3 to 5 pages is required where you list the issue or issues to be observed in the investigation. Enlist how you will be doing the research and how the research outcome relates to the ongoing work in the EWC.
Provide an explanation of how it exactly helps in regional advancement and cooperation. Clearly state the duration of fellowship, expected time, and anticipated publication product.
In case that you are going with the cost-shared fellowship, state the costs that you will be able to cover.
A scholarship by Recent Scholarships Do not forget to share with friends & students on facebook, instagram and twitter.